Friday 15 August 2014

DVLA Vehicle History Records - Previous Owner Details

I heard that DVLA are able to provide a comprehensive vehicle history file so you are able to find out details of previous owners and dates that they vehicle registered keepers changed.

I decided to give it a try as it only cost £5 so I downloaded the form from the DVLA website, made a copy of some ID to confirm my address and sent the completed form off to them with a cheque for the fee.

It was a fairly long wait having sent the form off as it took about 6 weeks to come but is very comprehensive and well worth the fiver to get the history details of the car over the last 25 years.

For that I've got all registration documents for each change of owner since new and summary of owners. Really useful to see where it has been and how long it was owned. I'll make a short video to show the information that is provided but need to remove any personal data from it.

You can access the form on the DVLA website

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

No comments:

Post a Comment