Saturday 7 March 2015

Replacement Tailgate MK2 Golf GTI

Facebook has become a fantastic way for me to pick up parts for my Mk2 Golf. Over the last few months I've found parts on various groups that I've joined and many of them local so easy to collect in person.
Rust on Tailgate MK2 Golf GTI
Rust on Tailgate MK2 Golf GTI

When I bought my Golf the sunroof was a bit scabby with some rust around the edges so I knew it was something I'd want to sort sooner or later. I wasn't expecting to find so much rust on the tailgate when I had to remove the trim to refit the numberplate lights but that mean the tailgate was another replacement item.

Luckily this week I spotted a local enthusiast selling a sunroof and tailgate in Atlas Grey, the exact colour of my car so I'd be able to do the replacement without needing to respray the parts.

Atlas Grey Replacement Tailgate MK2 Golf GTI
Atlas Grey Replacement Tailgate MK2 Golf GTI

The sunroof is in excellent condition too so I'll be able to swap that and fit the new sunroof seal I got from VW dealers as well so the car should then stay dry in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment