Saturday 18 April 2015

How to Fit Golf 16V Injector Rubber Seal Replacement

When checking the engine on my Golf 16V I noticed that the injectors seemed to be quite loose in their mountings. I've bought some new seals for them so my next job was to remove the Injectors for the Seal Replacement. As usual B&B Conmponents on Ebay were the supplier I used for the seals, they seem to stock most Golf parts and deliver very quickly.
How to Fit Golf 16V Injector Rubber Seal Replacement
How to Fit Golf 16V Injector Rubber Seal Replacement
As you can see in the above photos there are 2 different types of seal, the small thinner ones fit near the injector nozzle end and the fatter ones further up the injector.

The injectors just unplug and when I removed the first injector I found that only one seal was actually present (there should be two, a large and a smaller one) and even that one was badly perished and distorted.
Old worn rubber seal from 16V Golf GTI
Old worn rubber seal from 16V Golf GTI
 Once removed it was then possible to fit the new larger seal. This is a VERY tight fit over the injector and takes a lot of pushing to get it in place.


Once fitted the seal needs to be pushed into place along the injector body.

Video showing how to remove injectors and replace the seals








No comments:

Post a Comment