Tuesday 2 June 2015

VW Golf G250xan Respray update

Dropped the car off last week for respray to front end to fix scratches on bonnet and stone chips to wings.
I had to remove the front wing trims so they could paint them properly. Once they were removed I was very pleasantly surprised to see how good condition the wings were in. There was a small amount of rust under the wheel arch trims but nothing significant and certainly nowhere near as bad as many other examples I've seen.
Went to collect car last night and unfortunately it wasn't quite ready but I got to see it masked up in the spray booth all ready to go.
Now looking forward to seeing the finished result!
 
Update -
 
Now got the car back and the paint finish is excellent. They've done a great job blending in the colour to the original. The bonnet and front wings are both now a very good gloss and without the stone chips and scratch that was on the bonnet.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to an update on this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah be interesting to see an update, I have a G reg 1989 mk2 gti small bumper 16V 3 door in diamond silver, same interior as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just added a new photo following the respray. Good to hear from another Mk2 owner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon , I am in the process of restoring a Golf GTI 16V ( I am sure its an 1989 model), which is red in colour. Unfortunately the leather seats (which I am in guestimate are aftermarket) are worn a little and I wish to replace the worn leather with the original colour coded cloth seats which were introduced with the car. I am not too sure where to purchase this item in SOuth Africa, is there a shop or a retailer or manufacturer thereof that you can recommend?
    If possible , please get back to me on this one (NB: What an awesome blog! Such a nice car.)

    ReplyDelete

  5. How I Got My Loan From A Genuine And Reliable Loan Company

    My name is Mrs SMITH STEPHANIE. I live in Malaysia and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $100,000,00 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to MR IBRAHIM MUSA,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (powerfinance7@gmail.com)

    1. Your Full names:_______
    2. Contact address:_______
    3. Country Of Residence:______
    4. Loan Amount Required:________
    5. Duration:_____
    6. Gender:_____
    7. Occupation:________
    8. Monthly Income:_______
    9. Date Of Birth:________
    10.Telephone Number:__________

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Him at: powerfinance7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete